Sunday, August 1, 2010

Still Here


Believe it or not, we're still here!!!! (Meaning, althought I haven't posted in 2 months, we're still here and God's blessed us with a wonderful summer.)

A week ago we got back from vacation - what a wonderful time. We were blessed to be able to attend the Answers in Genesis Family Apologetics Conference in Seveirville, TN and then go to the Creation Museum up in north Kentucky/near Cincinnati, OH. What a wonderful week! The speakers were TERRIFIC (lots to digest and share from them). We had lots of great family time: Dollywood, Splash Country, driving up into the Smokeys to the TN/NC line, drove into Cades Cover where we were treated to the sight of 2 black bears (and a 3rd on the way back into town), 8 deer, 2 wild turkeys, and 28 butterflies. :) We also enjoyed tubing down a creek. Lots of fun! We were blessed to connect with some wonderful people in TN, esp. one family that we made friends with and got to visit some more with in KY. We also had fun reconnecting with a sweet family that used to live here and now lives a little north of Cincinnati. I plan to update you all a bit more often, filling you in on the great things we heard, etc. But, we have one computer for all 6 of us and I have more in line behind me asking how long I'll be typing. :)

So, guess I'll go Wii bowling with my family and try to update you soon.

Here's one quote that I heard from a preview for Answers in Genesis' Demolishing Strongholds program: Charles Ware "God doesn't have fans, just players. GET IN THE GAME!!!!"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I really like that quote! Glad you had a good time. It sounds like you packed a lot in and had fun doing it! Love you!