Friday, September 24, 2010

What’s Important?

“If it doesn’t matter on the day you die, it doesn’t matter.”  Mark Cahill in the book The One Thing You Can’t Do in Heaven

He went on to say that it won’t matter how much money you made or material possessions you have, but eternal things – our relationship with Christ, prayer, people – these things will matter.

Most of the stresses of my everyday life won’t matter.  (Please know that I have a great life and should be embarrassed that I get stressed at all.  However, I still get stressed over little things: such as responsibilities I’ve taken on, schedules, etc.)  Anyway, these stressed won’t matter on the day I die.  However, sharing Christ with people, loving Him through loving my sweet husband and girls and other people, time spent with Him in prayer and in His word, these things will be very important on the day I die.  So why on earth do I allow the temporal to take my focus, my time, and my energy?!?  I need to deal with the temporal (my family does need to eat) :)  but I should not stress about those things as if they are the important things.  I need to ask God to focus me on what’s important to Him so He can use my life as He wills.  (After all, I’ve given it to Him.)

“We must, as believers, live lives that have eternal value, not just temporary value.”  Mark Cahill

In the parable of the sower, the 3rd seed: “they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.”  Luke 8:14b

“Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you.”  Luke 12:31

No comments: