Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! I hope you've had an advent/Christmas season full of the wonder that God chose to come down to dwell with us - Emanuel/God with us!

Here's a quick recap for us: life's been busy but good. We've been blessed to be able to enjoy camping at Stone Mountain, participating in a Christmas drama/ballet, making various Christmas treats, and visiting with wonderful friends.



While camping, we discovered a wonderful idea. Apparently in the 1700's parents sometimes tied the end of a skein of yarn to the children's gifts and then make a web of the yarn. The children had to follow the yarn (winding it up) to find their gift. We loved the idea and decided to use it!

Here's how the girls' search began:


Here's the web (that went through our den, dining room, kitchen, and laundry room).


We had so much fun laying the web out!






The had lots of fun following the web to their gifts. They said that was definitely a highlight of the morning for them!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I did the web thing with my kids. it was so fun and easy to clean up! I need to do it again.

Merry Christmas!

Stacie

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! I should tell my parents about that idea! :)

Monty and Mari Beth said...

The yarn idea is too funny! I bet that was wild. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun! Got your letter and picture yesterday! Loved reading it and seeing all of you......I'm so proud of all your girls. You and Ryan are doing a fantastic job raising them! Who knows when I will ever post on my blog again. You can go to Abby's following God blog to see what we have been up to. Miss you bunches!