Thursday, September 10, 2009

Voddie Baucham

Just wanted to share with you all some encouragement my husband and I've been enjoying lately. I recently heard of Voddie Baucham (from various sources) and went to his website to learn more about him. I was able to download (free) and listen to a number of his sermons from sermon audio.
Voddie speaks on a lot of apologetics/worldview topics (pertinent to all believers). He also has a burden to live life according to the Bible, not the culture (whether inside or outside the church - we need to measure our decisions against the Bible, not what we've always done). I've told my kids often that, growing up, I was so inside the cultural box that I didn't even realize that I was in a box. I had no idea that there was another way to do things. I'm so thankful that my children have been exposed to other ideas: such as truly trying to weight what's coming at us and determine the worldview of the author/speaker even in things such as tv shows and commercials; homeschooling; courtship; a goal of not living in debt; seeing children as a blessing rather than a burden. (Don't get me wrong - I have a wonderful family and was blessed with a terrific childhood. I just was very influenced by the culture's norms and didn't even question much of what I thought or did, to my own detriment.)
Here's are the links for Voddie Baucham's website and also sermon audio:




I've also been privileged to watch a DVD of one of his messages and read a book of his: Family Driven Faith.

It's such an encouragement to hear someone unapologetically speaking biblical truth (even as unpopular as it often is in our culture)!

I'd encourage you to listen to some of his messages. (I downloaded them and burned them on CD so I could listen to them any where.) The first one that I heard (and absolutely loved - lots of meat to pray on and consider) is "The Centrality of the Home in Evangelism". I loved "The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World" & "Why I Believe the Bible" and thought "The Table of Nations" was very thought provoking (a perspective I'd never really considered). I really have not listened to any of his messages that I wouldn't recommend, but those were some that I really enjoyed. :)

1 comment:

Connie said...

Sounds very good. The name is new to me, will have to check him out.

Have a blessed week!