I love Nancy Leigh DeMoss' ministry Revive Our Hearts.
Around the holidays, I found on her website some 30 day challenges. http://www.reviveourhearts.com/challenge/
I decided to take the 30 day Husband Encouragement Challenge.
I had really, over the last few months, been burdened to try to be sure that I was being a godly wife. I know that God has called me, first and foremost to glorify Him through being a godly wife and mother. Being a sinful woman, however, I often fall far short.
Back to the challenge. I actually probably took more like 60 days to do the challenge but it was such an encouragement anyway. God taught me something wonderful through it. (Although I don't think the challenge was specifically geared at what God taught me, He used it. Isn't God just like that? When we're seeking Him, He'll reach out to us.)
The lesson I learned was about forgiveness. Now, don't get me wrong. My husband is a wonderful man, a terrific daddy, and cherishes me much more than I deserve. However, he is a fallen man, just like his wife is a fallen woman. ;) We both mess up sometimes. I'd kind of gotten the wrong idea on forgiveness. When there was an issue that I disagreed with him on, even though I submitted on the outside, I stewed inside. I thought I would forgive, but my forgiveness was more like "I love you anyway." God really showed me that love is not "I love you anyway" but rather "I love you." Let the issues go and leave them in God's hands. (He's so much more capable than us.)
If you're interested, there are a number of other challenges on her website. I'm thinking of taking the "True Woman Makeover" next. For more info, check out her site (linked above).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I've taken this challenge twice now and each time I learn something new. Love Nancy!
Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement on my last post. I slept much better last night. Still feel kind of fragile, but I know it will get better with time.
Have a wonderful weekend!
You are so right, Tina. I am thrilled that God has been working in your life and strengthening your marriage. Thank you for the challenge. I am anxious (kinda LOL) to go to the site and see what it is all about! I have much to learn!
Post a Comment