I know that many of you are accustomed to snow, but for us it doesn't happen a lot. The girls had lots of fun playing in the snow and we all even enjoyed just watching it. It looks so much more peaceful than rain. :)
Since we don't get a lot of snow, it's not worth it to get snow boots. So we decided to make "southern snow boots" (or is it "redneck snowboots"?) Either way, it kept their feet dry and made us laugh also. :)
This weekend we also finally disassembled the old bunkbed that we've had since the oldest 3 were 5, 3, and 1. It had gotten wiggly and very squeaky. We were blessed to find that some beds we'd been looking at as replacement beds had been discontinued and discounted. (Of course, my sweet husband had to go to 6 different Walmarts to find the 2 beds. But he was determined and we got them.) :)
Finally, look at what else has been going on in our house. Notice anything different? :D
I know that some of you have been praying for my sweet nephew, my brother, his wife, and their children. My sweet sister-in-law has begun a blog. If you'd like to follow it, you'll be able to get more info and know specific ways you can pray for them. I do ask you to continue to pray for healing and God's grace, strength, and power in the situation that He may be glorified and they will be carried and feel His love.
My oldest also pointed out to me that it's been about two years since we experienced a tornado. If you'd like to read more about it, you can read about our experiences here or by following the category links on the side for tornado and tornado testimony.
Hope you all have a wonderful week. :)




3 comments:
So glad you had some snow time! It is especially fun when you do not have it every day. The 'snow' shoes made me smile. We use to put plastic sacks inside our boots to keep the moisture out.
Braces! Cute.
LOVED the snow boots! Haha... I don't think we played in the snow this year besides skiing... so when are you guys coming up to come skiing with us? :) I can't believe that Rachel got braces! I love them!! Tell everyone we all said hi!
Abby :)
Also LOVED the redneck snowboots! I must say that was pretty clever. So glad that you got some fluffy white stuff to play in. I don't think I ever tire of seeing it snow. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment