Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rose Colored Glasses - repost

This post was originally posted in Nov. 09, but I've been thinking quite a bit lately about the truth that God showed me and I thought you might like to see again (or for the first time). :) Enjoy and have a wonderful week glorifying God in your life (which will not look like anyone else's life - it's not meant to). :) Here's a thought to share with you. (I've actually been meaning to post this for a month now.) If you're like me, I tend to look at people through rose colored glasses and think that everyone else has it together. People I admire surely never fuss at their kids, their kids must always treat each other sweetly and the parents respectfully, and, oh yes, surely their house is always clean and orderly. Now in my head, I know that's not right. We're all sinners and (believers) are being sanctified. But, I sure fall into the rose colored glasses trap. Here's a picture that my 3rd daughter took last month. The flowers were a birthday gift for my grandmother. When I saw the picture, I was amazed at how pretty it looked and wondered where she took it. You must understand that, by default - not choice, our house tends to be decorated with clutter. I'd love to be orderly and organized but fall far short of that goal. In the picture above, I thought it looked so nice and decluttered, I wondered where she took the photo. Here's the other half of the story:


If you, like me, tend to look at other people and think they have it all together, you may be seeing a close up shot of the flowers and not a total picture (as above). God is good and He is perfect - people aren't and we should never let ourselves think they are. :)


Have a great day!

5 comments:

Connie said...

What a sweet post! Good to see you back again. Love your new photo! Good to know your family has been well and busy.

I like being around people with rose colored glasses. They think the best of people. They often think positive about life. However, you are so right is knowing that they are not perfect and we are not perfect. Nor, should we expect ourselves to be like them. I think you said it well.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

What a great post. I just made a pact with my new friend that we wouldn't apologize for the state of our house to each other anymore. It was great to have "permission" to except each others' house cleaning failings, LOL!

Have a great day,
Jackie

Sherri said...

Thank you for sharing. It makes you stop and think.
Sherri

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Very good! I used to struggle with this, but when I had my foot surgery, I had to really let it go. I really had no control and people were coming in in and out of my house to help. It was very humbling.

Crissa said...

Thank you for sharing. You put words and pictures to what I have been thinking lately. I hope you don't mind but I posted about your post on my blog. onourdailywalk.com
Blessings!