On the night of the 23rd we had a wonderful opportunity to participate in a "pick up pageant" at a friend's house. The main roles (those we could only have one of) were asked ahead of time to participate. (Our youngest was thrilled to be asked to be Mary.) The kids were then asked to come dressed as an angel, shepherd, king, or animal to participate in the pageant. It was on her front yard and they used a work light as a spot light. A friend of theirs played guitar music which we sang to during appropriate times during the pageant. Their pastor retold the Christmas story while the kids acted out their parts. (One of the cutest things - was a donkey cut out attached to the side of a wagon. This, of course, was how Joseph and Mary traveled to Bethlehem.) :) It was very precious and sweet. We were so thankful to participate in it. Afterward, three of the families (including ours) stayed and went caroling in the neighborhood. What a fun precious time.
Christmas Eve was special too. My honey worked all day and the girls and I enjoyed baking, listening to carols, and watching Christmas specials. That night we visited our old church for a lessons and carols communion service - always enjoy getting to see everyone and give hugs. We were blessed to have my mom with us. On the way home we looked at Christmas lights. We got home and did our advent wreath and read Jotham's Journey. Then we (my honey and I) then stayed up entirely too late. Didn't mean to procrastinate and leave all that wrapping until Christmas Eve. We finally went to sleep sometime between 1:30 and 2. The girls, however, who weren't up that late, slept in the same room and had the alarm set for 6 a.m.! So, we got up early :) and had fun around the Christmas tree.
Finally being allowed into the den. :)
My mom and dad came over to enjoy it with us.
Around midday we went to visit my grandma (who was sick and couldn't come to my mom & dad's that day). We then spent the afternoon with my mom & dad and brother, sister-in-law and sweet nephews and niece.
Around supper time we went to my honey's grandmothers to spend the evening with her, my mother-in-law and her husband, and aunts, uncles, & cousins. Blessed time but we were wiped out by the time we got home.




It was a great day full of family time as we celebrated Jesus' birth. However, we were so thankful that Christmas was on a Friday and thoroughly enjoyed resting and enjoying a quiet time at home on the 26th. :)
Hope you had fun and are continuing to celebrate. Growing up the church I attended paid a lot of attention to the church calendar. What a joy to celebrate the time before Christmas as Advent (looking forward to celebrating Jesus' birth in Bethlehem and His second coming) and then Christmas runs from Dec. 25 - Jan. 6th. So I'm still enjoying the Christmas tree and Christmas carols and am thankful that it doesn't have to all stop abruptly on the 26th.
Looking forward to going to a local zoo tonight to see Christmas lights with some of my honey's family and then looking forward to a quiet New Year's Eve at home - our traditional time of pizza and movies and toasting in the New Year with sparkling grape juice. (Truth be known I'm normally sacked out on the couch by midnight, but my family sweetly wakes me up to toast in the new year with them.) :) Then we normally enjoy a traditional New Year's dinner with my side of the family.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :)




6 comments:
It looks like you had so much fun and a Merry Christmas indeed!
The girls look so cute! The play sounds so much fun. Can't believe it was outside....I guess I have forgotten. All of the girls are maturing so much but I guess the two youngest are the most noticeable.
Benny and Dasher got the same toy for Christmas! LOL The kids got a big kick out of that.
We went looking at Christmas lights a couple nights ago and I thought of you guys always going in your pj's and coming by to see us that one year. Fun memories!
Hope you guys have a wonderful New Year! Miss you bunches!
Mari Beth
I so enjoyed reading about your Christmas! Happy New Year to you and your family!
BTW, so glad you don't think it is weird for girls to "nurse" they're dolls. I was a little worried about putting that in my post, but it was nice to get positive feedback on. Thanks!
God Bless,
Jackie
I found you blog through another. I love you story about Christmas and not packing it all up the day after. I love having those special days after, much like you do after you have a baby like Mary would have had with Jesus and Joseph.
Stephanie
What a precious time you had! So nice to see it focused on your family and the birth of Christ.
Happy New Year my sweet friend. Looking forward to your blog for another year.
The girls look so cute! The play sounds so much fun. Can't believe it was outside...
Work from home India
Post a Comment