Saturday, the first day of spring, was a fun day. The oldest two girls had a Word of Life competition with their youth group. They had a great time. They both competed in piano and the oldest also competed in poetry, on a quiz team, and with the youth praise band. (She signs the songs while they sing.) While they were gone during the day, the younger two and I met my mom and grandma at a local park to feed the ducks and geese (who were not very hungry). We had a good time walking around, visiting, and using the playground equipment. :)
In the afternoon, my honey and I worked in the yard - 'bout time. We got a good bit done in a few hours and the weather was simply beautiful.
That evening, when the older girls got home, we all donned our p.j.'s and headed to Bruster's for a free waffle cone. (We are shameless, I know. We'll wear just about anything for free food. Once a year we dress like cows for free Chickfila and now p.j.'s in public for free ice cream.) ;) We had some sweet friends meeting us there. They arrived before we did and weren't getting out of the car until they saw that we wore our p.j.'s too! :)
Last night our 10 year old daughter made us a special treat for dessert. This year for her birthday, she's asking us to let her take cake decorating classes. Meanwhile, she's been teaching herself some things. She's been wanting to try a basketweave icing technique. So last night she made us a cake & icing from scratch and decorated in beautifully.
The rest of this week looks like it'll be busy, but fun. The end of this week we have another speech and debate tournment, but this one is local. The girls are really looking forward to it. It makes for very long days but lots of fun.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!





5 comments:
LOVED seeing all of you guys, your grandma and mom too! Cracking up at the pj's.....too funny! You have a great hubby!
The cake is awesome......I'm so impressed and proud of her! How nice to have a cake baker and decorator in the family!
We miss you guys so much!
What a pretty cake!
BTW, I don't think you could pay me to wear my ugly jammies in public! LOL!
You are such a fun family. Pretty gutsy too.
Love the cake - my girl loved to decorate when she was young and carefree. Now that she is a mommy ... well, you know how it goes. Let someone else do it!!
What a great job on the cake! We have tons of yard work to do too! I am trying to do the inside this week and the outside next!
Stephanie
Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Love the cake. I love hearing about the talents of all your kids. You are so awesome to go to that burger place in your pjs for free food. I'd do it, too!
Hugs,
Jackie
Post a Comment