Monday, June 8, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY Monday, June 8, 2009...
Outside my window...a beautiful sunny day (that promises very warm temperatures - maybe we'll make our way into the above ground pool we have set up in the backyard. What a blessing.) :)
I am thinking...I need to go shower and get dressed so I can start pancakes for breakfast.
I am thankful for...God always leading us closer to Himself (if we will seek after Him).
From the learning rooms...summer break, although I've assured my kids a page of math a day doesn't really count. :)
From the kitchen...pancakes for breakfast (chocolate chip for some of the kids, nuts for one of them, and blueberry and pecan for my youngest and myself - yum!). Suppers planned this week include (whole) chicken and rice, followed by chicken and rice soup the next night. Also, spaghetti, hamburgers and gravy, and homemade pizza.
I am wearing...p.j. - soon to change. :)
I am creating...maybe finish that dress I started for our youngest months ago! (I'm so pitiful at procrastinating. I really want to sew but get so overwhelmed. We'll see what happens.)
I am going...to drop my oldest off for her first week ministering with Child Evangelism Fellowship.
I am reading...through the Bible in a Year (back into 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles), still plugging along with the Duggar's book as a read aloud (a little here and a little there), another book by Brother Andrew - Secret Believers: What Happens When Muslims Believe in Christ .
I am hoping...for a wonderful week of enjoying the time God's given us and making good use of it. :)
I am hearing...my oldest puttering around in her bedroom. (Just got done listening to her playing "Old Rugged Cross" on the piano.) The younger 3 are still sleeping.
Around the house...laundry is done - for the moment (except towels, which will get washed today). The house could always use some cleaning. I hope to either work on decluttering in the living room, cleaning the fridge this week, and/or begin working on our front flower bed (which looks pretty pitiful right now).
One of my favorite things...spending time with my wonderful husband and girls.
A few plans for the rest of the week: getting my oldest to the drop off/pick up points for CEF, a bowling party for my 2nd to attend, possible blueberry picking, an orthodontist appointment, a play date, church, hanging out and enjoying time the Lord's provided (while also redeeming it).
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Wishing you a wonderful week spent resting in God and relying on His strength. :)

Although Peggy over at Simple Woman's Daybook http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ is taking a summer break, you can still follow her link to click on some of her followers and see other daybooks.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Your day book is interesting.Always fun to read it and see what is going on in your life.

May you have a wonderful week, Tina.