Whew - it's been a little while since I've posted. We've had a good couple of weeks. :)
Last week -our first week of "summer" (meaning out of our regular school schedule), I was thrilled to get some jobs around the house done that have been staring me down for quite a while.
To give you a dose of reality - last July we were able to move back into our house (after the repair work from the tornado). Last week I finally unpacked a few boxes in our bedroom that had photos and such that I was having a hard time figuring out where they should belong. I also cleared out a corner of our bedroom that had kids clothes that needed to be gone through and given away or store in the attic. Little things but what a sense of accomplishment when finally doing something I've put off for months. :)
The other thing I did was take apart our ice and water dispenser to give it a thorough cleaning. It needed it for a while but I was nervous to take it apart afraid I'd break it. The good news - I didn't break it (although there was a spring I needed my oldest's analytical mind to help me figure out how it fit to get it back the way it was supposed to go). :)
This week has been our church's VBS. It was lots of fun and so wonderful to see children coming to Christ. What a joy! It ended last night; my girls are still sleeping trying to recover. :)
Also, our oldest has been at missions training for this week. The girls and I go get her this afternoon. I can't wait to talk with her and find out what all she's done and how it's gone. I can't tell you how excited we've been for her. For two years she's felt very called to the missions field and has such a heart for evangelism. We're so excited to see God working in her life and providing these opportunities to her. God has gifted each one of our children (yours and ours) and has a very important, unique plan for each one of them. What a privilege as parents to watch Him at work. :)
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment