I'm currently reading through the book of Ecclesiastes. I love that book! I always find myself nodding as I read saying "absolutely"! (Of course, all of God's Word should have us doing that - Ecclesiastes is just one book that I thoroughly enjoy.)
I thought I'd make a few posts to share what I'm learning as I read through it (again) - I love how God always teaches us as we read His Word. It doesn't matter if we've read it before or not.
On that topic - here's a nugget He showed me today - wisdom in worship:
Ecclesiastes 5:1-3
1 Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. 2 Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few. 3 As a dream comes when there are many cares, so the speech of a fool when there are many words.
also:
Ecclesiastes 5:7
Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore stand in awe of God.
So often I approach God in my quiet time and in my prayers with my focus on myself - my laundry list that I want to present to Him. I don't do this intentionally, yet, there it is. My prayer is that I will focus on Him and how awesome and amazing He is. May I seek to listen and hear what He desires - not focus so much on what I want to tell Him. (Mind you, I know that we are to come to Him as His child bringing our requests and concerns to Him. I'm just saying that so often we, or at least I know that I, come to Him focused on myself and end up doing more talking than listening.)
Wishing you a precious day/night rejoicing in His love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I have to keep working on listening, too! An excellent reminder.
Ecclesiastes is such a practical book. So full of practical applications.
Post a Comment