
FOR TODAY Monday, May 25, 2009...
Outside my window...it's a cloudy day. For whatever reason cloudy days make me feel comfortable inside my home. :) Our above ground pool sparkles but is way too cold for this wimp. (Our two youngest girls braved the cold and had a great time playing in it yesterday.)
I am thinking of/praying for ...my sister-in-law and her family whose dad went to Jesus Saturday.
I am thankful for...my family. It was so good to be home again - mainly to be with my honey; I really missed him last week.
From the learning rooms...it's summer break - well, kind of. My oldest daughter will be busy volunteering with Child Evangelism Fellowship this summer so she wants to completely finish her math and science books. The middle two girls will do a page of math a day through the summer til we finish. I plan to continue working on reading with the youngest. It's a break from our normal routine and yet I've assured them that continuing with a bit won't kill them. :)
From the kitchen...dinner plans this week include lemon chicken, pork loin, spaghetti, turkey loin, and grilled chicken. I may make some muffins this morning for the girls.
I am wearing...p.j.'s. :)
I am creating...hopefully a bit of order from the chaos that's my bedroom. (At least that's my goal to accomplish over the summer.)
I am going...to play with my girls and try to enjoy each other's company today (and get a few chores done too).
I am reading...the chronological Bible in a year (just finished Proverbs and am about to begin Song of Solomon). I'm also finishing Light Force by Brother Andrew. The girls and I will probably pick up our reading aloud the Duggar's book 20 and Counting.
I am hoping...that we will glorify God in all the opportunities He provides us.
I am hearing...the cat playing and the dryer just stopped.
Around the house...my sweet honey cleaned the house before we got home Friday. (Did I mention that he's awesome?) :) I hope to finish up on laundry today and begin to attack a pile or two (of built up clutter).
One of my favorite things...family fun times together.
A few plans for the rest of the week: whew! a break in our schedule! :) We hope to have a playdate or two, enjoy a picnic and praise at our church, our oldest will begin her ministry training, and VBS is scheduled for Sunday.
In His love,Tina
For more wonderful daybook entries, see Peggy's blog at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ .




4 comments:
Do you like the Duggar's book? I really enjoy watching them on TV. I was thinking of getting the book as well.
I enjoyed reading your daybook. We had spaghetti for dinner tonight.
~Susan
Re: your comment on my daybook. What writing contest info do you mean? What other blog?
~Susan
Enjoyed your daybook. You have another busy week planned! Excited for your oldest - may all go well!
Post a Comment