I've really been trying to enjoy the summer, accomplish some things God's given me to do, and limit my "screen time" as an example to my children. (Some of whom are better at limiting it than I am.) :)
L has been really enjoying working with Child Evangelism Fellowship this summer. It's kept her quite busy but she's eating it up with a spoon. She has such a heart for evangelism. Lord willing, K is looking forward to working with them next year.
I'm listening right now as K is playing piano and R & J are playing in their room. L & K have really been enjoying the piano and the freedom of playing what they want to play during the summer break from their lessons.
The girls have sure been enjoying our backyard pool. They've got some nice little tans going. (L's tan is not so advanced since she's not been home as much during the days this summer.) One of our favorite family time activities has been a bike ride after dinner followed by a family swim. We haven't been able to do this every night but sure have enjoyed it when we're able to work it out.
My honey also put up a new clothes line for us. I'm loving the smell of freshly hung out clothes. (My mom used to hang out clothes, so I'm sure it brings back those wonderful childhood feelings.) He, of course, loves knowing that we're not spending money on drying these clothes.
We also decided to cancel our YMCA membership and buy an elliptical machine. My honey and I were pretty good about going to work out this fall and winter. (He actually was better than me and lost 40 pounds to prove it.) :) This spring was harder due to our schedule and I struggled with us leaving the kids each night to go workout. I didn't like it cutting into our family time but did want to do it for our health. So, we decided to cancel the Y membership and buy an elliptical machine for us to use at home. It's new, so hopefully we'll continue to be faithful in using it each day during the week. It's a blessing.
We took a day to visit a nearby museum and enjoyed feeding the ducks at their pond.
We've also had to say goodbye to two sweet families from church. That was pretty tough on the kids - K esp. had a tough time. Sometimes life's lessons are not fun.
The fourth of July we had a fun time at my parents' lake place. We were able to visit with my parents, my brother, sister-in-law, nephews, niece, and family friends (my mom's best friend from high school and her husband and son as well as my sister-in-law's sister and her husband). It was a fun day of visiting.
Hope you're all enjoying this summer and the blessings God gives us in this season.




No comments:
Post a Comment