It's been a really long time since I posted. I promise that I have NOT been in a bad month the entire last month. (My last post was about the bad mood day - it got better quickly. God is so good.) :) He's also taught me a valuable lesson. One day not too long ago I felt the battle of discontentment creeping in about a certain area my husband and I are praying through. This has been a spiritual battle ground within me for the past few months but this time God laid it on my heart to call my husband and ask him to pray for me about that issue that day. It truly was much better. (I didn't stew and think prideful, selfish, or defeating thoughts as I had in the past.) I know it's not because I'm good but only because God is good!

To those of you who've commented, I wanted to thank you all for your sweet comments. It's always exciting and encouraging to receive them. Thanks.
Life has just been keeping us busy. We've had a number of things happening.
Since my last post, we were able to host a Backyard Bible Club and see L and some of the others in action. It was lots of fun.
We've also gotten a quick weekend at the beach - what a blessing!
The girls were in a wonderful musical about Nehemiah. We had a wonderful time and there were great truths from God's Word shared through it.
We've jumped back into our school routine. It's nice to be back into a routine of sorts.
The oldest 3 started back to piano. (Actually L & K are back to piano, R is beginning for the first time.) 
J celebrated a birthday.
We had the opportunity to attend a rebelution/do hard things conference. It was wonderful! If you have children and have not read the book, I recommend it for both you and them. Also, if you ever have an opportunity to attend their conference, it's wonderful! It's such an encouragement for young people to rise above the culture's low expectations for them and really use the "teenage" years as a launching pad for life, rather than a time to focus on self and goof off. For more information, check out their website: http://www.therebelution.com/
Finally, J had a fever virus for 9 days! R just started with a fever (I believe it's the same virus) 3 days ago. So far no swine flu though. :) Just had to share a picture that K shared with me about how out of hand the swine flu paranoia is getting:





1 comment:
Enjoyed your post. You have a lot going on and certainly keep busy.
The swine flu - the media sure loves hype.
Hope your little ones are all well soon. 9 days of fever does get old and keeps everyone pinned in at home - oh that does get old soon. Am so thankful it doesn't seem to be serious.
Post a Comment