Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter




Wishing you a very happy Easter. Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating our Savior's death for our sins and resurrection! May this give meaning to every day of your life.




Here are a couple fun Easter type things to do with your kids:




I'm not sure how many years, but for as long as I can remember my children and I have been making Easter Story Cookies the night before Easter. (A couple years I thought about skipping it but was told that I couldn't. I even suggested making them last night rather than tonight and all my girls, from the 15 year old to the 7 year old, told me we had to make them tonight.) Each step of making the cookies represents part of what happened on Good Friday and Easter. Enjoy!





Ingredients
1 cup pecan halves (we use chocolate chips instead) :)
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
3 egg whites
1 pinch salt
1 cup white sugar

Directions
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
Place pecans in a resealable plastic baggie. Crush the pecans into small bits. Read John 19:1-3
Put 1 teaspoon vinegar into a medium bowl. Read John 19:28-30
Add egg whites to the vinegar. Read John 10:10-11
Sprinkle salt into the egg whites. Read Luke 23:27
So far, the mixture isn't very appetizing. Add 1cup sugar. Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16. Beat with mixer on high speed for 12 to 15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed. Read Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3.
Fold in broken nuts. Drop by teaspoons onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Read Matthew 27:57-60.
Place cookies in the oven close the door and turn the oven off. Read Matthew 27:65-66.
Go to bed. Read John 16:20 and 22.
In the morning open the oven and take out the cookies. Read Matthew 28:1-9.




Another fun thing we found - not scripture related though, I must say - is a virtual tour of the jelly belly factory. The girls and I took this virtual tour yesterday. It was pretty neat. (Sure made us a bit hungry for jelly beans though.) :) Here's the link: http://www.jellybelly.com/Virtual_Tour/virtual_tour.aspx .




Have a wonderful Easter!!! Celebrate Jesus and His gift of eternal life for us!!!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I have that recipe from last year! I can not believe it!

I have been too busy to post, but did want to come over and wish you a very blessed Easter. HE IS RISEN!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy belated Easter!