Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bible Study with Pen in Hand

I'm planning to read through the Bible this year. I did this once before using the same chronological Bible that I'm using this year. However, yesterday I started doing something I hadn't done the last time. Thanks to the suggestion of Nancy Leigh DeMoss (someone whom I greatly admire and always enjoy reading/hearing what she has to say), I started reading with a journal and pen next to me. I did this yesterday and today and it was amazing how God showed me things I think I would have missed had I not been reading slowly and taking the time to meditate on what I read as I wrote it down. (I didn't write the whole section, just summary and what specifically God showed me that was really neat.)
Just wanted to encourage you to set aside some time for your date with God and arrive ready to learn. :)

No comments: