Monday, February 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Here's this week's entry for "Simple Woman's Daybook" that I found at this blog http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/Have a wonderful Monday. :)


FOR TODAY (Monday, February 23, 2009)...
Outside my window...the sun is shining beautifully (but I know it's cold outside regardless of how pretty the sunshine). :)


I am thinking...of a family I know of whose little 3 year old went to be in Jesus' arms yesterday afternoon. (Father, please comfort and encourage them.)


I am thankful for...God's mercies that are new every morning and also for our church's missions conference this week (the highlight of our year). :)


From the learning rooms...the girls will be finishing up their geography fair presentations for the geography fair this Thursday.


From the kitchen...I'm thinking banana chocolate chip muffins for breakfast (and quick dinners this week due to the missions conference each evening for the first half of the week).


I am wearing...cozy flannel p.j.'s.


I am creating...will be baking bread later today.


I am going...to our homeschool missionary geography club to hear a missionary from Hondorus speak this morning (and, of course, the missions conference tonight). :)


I am reading...through the Bible in a year & God's Smuggler.


I am hoping...that God will open my eyes and soften my heart to the needs in the world around me.


I am hearing...the dryer (and the quietness of girls catching up on sleep after a very busy few days).


Around the house...there are lots of jobs that need done but this week will a week of taking care of the necessities and focusing on people.


One of my favorite things...seeing my girls' eyes sparkle as they enjoy things they love (such as being with visiting missionaries and their first speech and debate tournament last week).


A few plans for the rest of the week: missionary geography club, children from church coming over this afternoon, missions conference, piano/art, much anticipated visit from out-of-town friends, geography fair.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

A reminder to myself that, the busyness of life, I need to take time to enjoy the kisses and hugs - time passes all too quickly. :)

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Hootin Anni said...

There is nothing better in this world than the fragrance of homemade bread throughout the house!!! Yummy.

My Daybook is posted for today, won't you join me? Click Here