I found a couple verses in Ecclesiastes that I believe I need to keep in mind while homeschooling my children. (Mind you, I need to keep everything in the Bible in mind in training my children, I just thought these verses had a neat application when applied to homeschooling.)
Ecclesiastes 8:17
17 then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all his efforts to search it out, man cannot discover its meaning. Even if a wise man claims he knows, he cannot really comprehend it.
As it applies to teaching my children, we cannot know or understand/comprehend all that's on the earth to know. Therefore, learn what God's given us the opportunity to learn and stop worrying about what we're not learning - we can't learn it all anyway. :)
Ecclesiastes 12:12
12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.
Keep book learning in perspective and live life! (This doesn't mean ditch book learning - but keep it in perspective.) Wisdom comes from God - the fear of the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Thank you so much for this timely post - I'm sure it's all about me
:)
As we begin our homeschool adventure, it's good to read a reminder about the point - a God centered education means centering around God.
Love in Christ!
I love the photograph on your header - so pretty, did you take that?
Thank you, Cottage Child, for your sweet comment. I sure enjoy your blog also. Glad that God used it to encourage you. (He has to keep reminding me of things like this - I'm a very slow learner.) ;)
Thanks for the complement on the header. I did take the photo on a beach trip a couple years ago.
Thank you also for your sweet comment, Seay family. I do actually follow your blog and will be sure to keep checking in for prayer requests.
Have a great week, all of you.
In His love!
Post a Comment