Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Alarm Clock


Most mornings Jehoshaphat comes to let us know it's time to get up - around 6:30 a.m. (or whenever he hears one person has gotten out of bed). He's been known to walk up and down the hallway meowing. I used to think it was because he was hungry since he always runs to his food bowl. However, I began to notice that half the time there's still food in his bowl from the night before. He just knows that when I get up in the morning, I work around the kitchen and he wants company when he eats. :)
Yesterday morning I knew I was tired or crazy or a bit of both when I found myself arguing with the cat! The conversation went something like this:
"Meow"
"Hush"
"Meow"
"You'll just have to wait"
"Meow"
"Be quiet"
"Meow"
"Look I'm going to brush my teeth first, you'll have to be patient"
"Meow"
Then, of course, I realized that I was arguing with a cat and put the conversation to an end. :)




1 comment:

Noel said...

A cat named Jehosephat! I love that, We named my cat the backwards spelling of my name, Leon. I love my cat :)