
FOR TODAY Monday, March 30, 2009...
Outside my window...the sun is shining and it promises to be a lovely day!
I am thinking of (praying for)...a sweet family from church who lost their house in the tornado last year (the same one that hit us), moved back in the fall, and then, unexpectedly, had the dad go to Jesus last Tuesday night. Also a friend/coworker of my sister-in-law lost her home to stream line winds last week. Most everything she owned is gone. God is taking care of her though and her faith is strong. (Please pray for them if you think of it.)
I am thankful for...my sweet husband and girls.
From the learning rooms...we'll be getting ready for a speech competition the end of this week along with our normal school work.
From the kitchen...apple coffee cake is almost done baking. I'm also planning to make 6 loaves of bread today since the rest of this week will be so busy I doubt I'll have much time for baking.
I am wearing...a t-shirt (with a cute little puppy on it) and jeans (and cozy slippers too!) :)
I am creating...bread (mentioned above) ;)
I am going...to go get said coffee cake out of the oven (the timer just beeped as I typed this).
I am reading...1 Samuel & 1 Chronicles (and loving what God's showing me - He is so good, faithful, & patient); also still working through God's Smuggler. It's an awesome book - I read it a couple years ago but am rereading it (and trying to take notes) so I can present it to missionary geography club in a couple weeks.
I am hoping...that we'll be able to glorify God and focus on Him rather than ourselves even in the mist of a busy week.
I am hearing...Charles Stanley preaching on the radios and my children discussing the age of our dog in dog years/human years. :)
Around the house...we most certainly need to bless/clean the house today.
One of my favorite things...hearing fun conversations my children are sharing.
A few plans for the rest of the week: heading to a speech and debate tournament the end of this week. (Thankful that my mom will be able to attend with us.)
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Wishing you lots of good kisses this week from those who are precious to you.
Have a wonderful week.
Be sure to check out http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ for more simple woman's daybook entries.





4 comments:
So, I'm curious. I'm new to bread baking, but try to bake all our bread. Sometimes that means we go breadless for a week when I can't fit it in. How do you do six loaves at once? Do you just do three seperate batches or have you found a way to do three batches at once?
Apple coffee cake! Mmmm... I'm starting to feel a wee bit hungry. :)
Thank you for following my blog. I have enjoyed yours for sure! I appreciate your thankful heart...
How are your 6 loaves of bread coming today? That is how many I bake each week too!
Praying for the families you mentioned...
Amy Ellen from HealthBeginsWithMom.com
Thank you, Realmomma, Clare Marie-Therese Duroc, and Amy for your sweet comments.
I have a recipe (from urban homemaker) that can make either a two loaf recipe or a six loaf recipe. However, I have a Compact Bosch mixer that only fits a two loaf recipe - so that's what I make. I normally just make a couple loaves every 2 or 3 days but, since this week would be so busy, I made 3 recipes in a row (for a total of 6 loaves). I have 6 loaf pans (invested in them for just such occassions), so I was able to make the recipes back to back and it didn't take long.
Hope that helps, fell free to ask if there are any more questions. (I don't have it all figured out but am happy to share what I've learned so far.) :)
Have a great week.
Post a Comment