Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just Do It

I love how practical God's Word is - and how often He brings things to my attention that I never really noticed before.

I know that God has plans for us to do while He has us here on this earth. What a privilege to be involved in His work as He directs. I also know that I have a tendency to want to sit on my posterior end at times and then it's hard to get back up (aka laziness). :)

As I was reading in the Bible the other day, I'd reached the section in 1 Chronicles when David is passing the throne on to Solomon and giving him advice.
In 1 Chronicles 28:9-10, David tells Solomon,
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. Consider now, for the LORD has chosen you to build a temple as a sanctuary. Be strong and do the work."

Again, in verse 20, David tells Solomon
"David also said to Solomon his son, 'Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.'"

God has not called me to build a temple like He called Solomon. However, God has called me to do His work while I'm here on this earth. For me personally, that has to do with being a godly wife and mother, which will impact future generations for His kingdom if I do this job while walking with Him and in His ways. (Of course, as mentioned in the last post, the purpose in all this is to glorify Him so that others will be drawn to Him.)

I just never really realized that He so clearly tells us in His word to get off our rears and do the work! ("Be strong and do the work." And again, "be strong and courageous, and do the work.")

I love how practical God is - and the fact that He's called us to work, and equips us to do the work He's given us. He is so good.

Have a wonderful day - be strong and do the work! :)

In His love,
Tina

3 comments:

Connie said...

Amen! God does not bless laziness.

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Hi Tina, don't know if you remember me?? I wish I could check blogs more often, I am glad I came to yours today! I LOVED this post! It spoke right to my heart today. The Lord has been leading me to some pretty significant changes in our homeschool and aside from needing a significant amount of faith in Him to bring it about, there is the 'just do it' message! I want to rely on old habits and laziness instead of rising up and just doing what He is telling me to do.

Don't know if this makes sense, but thank you for what you shared it really ministered to me. Praise God for leading me here today. May God bless you and keep you!

Tina said...

Thank you Connie, for your sweet and faithful comments. They mean a lot. (I'm always encouraged when I see comments.) :)
Thank you also, Michelle, for your sweet comment. It's such a blessing to know that God's Word encouraged you too in this area. He's awesome. I just emailed you an update from a previous email a few weeks ago. (Just wanted to give you a heads up.)
In His love,
Tina