In response to Kelly at Generation Cedar's post http://www.generationcedar.com/main/2009/04/thrifty-thursday.html , I wanted to share a thrifty idea that I have.
I've actually been racking my brain because I know that I try to save money where I can but was having a hard time coming up with concrete ways. Here's what I've come up with:
I try to make out my menu's every two weeks (when my honey gets paid and we make our grocery trip). I write my menu ideas on my planning book, so I can take into account what's on our schedule on those days. This helps me to stay on track and us to eat at home a lot more than we used to. (We used to resort to eating out a good bit more than we do now. Somehow having menu plans in writing, helps me. Even if we don't eat them on the days I scheduled them, I know what meals we have ingredients to prepare and it helps me with my self-control.) :)
Another thing I've recently done is that I've started using plain white vinegar as a fabric softener. It's really cheap (I buy 2 gallon jugs at Sam's for around $3). I just put it in the automatic dispenser in my washing machine and it works great.
Have a great day!
In His love,
Tina
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Another thing vinegar will do - it removes the soap residue!
I, too, make a menu and buy groceries accordingly. It has been a life saver through the years.
I, too, make a menu every two weeks, when my beloved gets paid. I have done this for years and I keep a master menu idea list that I use to help me in adding variety once in a while. This has been such a help to me to plan out our menus! I love having it hang on our fridge. It saves so much time and trouble (and money, as you mentioned).
I've never tried the vinegar but thank you so much for sharing!
Thank you, too, for your kind comments. They were a blessing!
Hope you have a good weekend
and blessed Lord's Day!
~ Christina
Post a Comment