Life has been carrying on at a hectic pace over here. (I didn't even have time to post the simple woman's daybook yesterday.)
We were blessed last week to be able to attend a speech & debate tournament. We were thrilled that my mom was able to accompany the girls and I to the event.
We left last Wed. morning and were able to stop about an hour or so up the road to visit a terrific thrift store that we love. We were blessed to find a couple jean skirts, 2 other skirts, 3 tops, a pair of capris, a dress, and a pair of dress slacks for my honey (who is doing great losing weight - he's dropped 2 pant sizes and all his pants are drooping off him). :) Did I mention that I love this thrift store. :)
We then finished the drive to the tournament location (a few hours from where we live). The girls had a blast at the tournament. They didn't advance beyond the preliminary rounds but they had a great time. The oldest two were competing and the youngest two enjoyed watching. It really is entertaining and encouraging to see these kids speak. My mom ended up judging 4 speech rounds and had a great time.
We left the tournament a day early so that we could get back home Friday night. We needed to be home for our church's Easter celebration for the children. (We had to be here for it because the older two are on the puppet team and they were performing.) After the Easter celebration, we came home and I crashed on the couch. (I was so tired!!!) I then got up and helped my sweet husband finish up mowing the yard. (He was hard at work while I napped.)
Sunday we enjoyed worshipping God with our church family. That afternoon the older two attended the last rehersal for the Easter Cantata and that night we enjoyed watching the children's choir perform at the evening service. (Our youngest 3 are in the choir and our oldest helped the littlest ones do sign language during one of the songs.)
Yesterday was a crazy day. I went to help sort produce for our co-op in the morning. The oldest 3 worked on some schoolwork. My 2nd sweet daughter made our family bread. That night the oldest 3 had volleyball practice. (The oldest two are on one team and the third is on another - so we had two different practices.) Thankfully some sweet friends are on their teams, so we enjoyed visiting.
About to go wake the girls up for breakfast. Got to get the oldest two to piano this morning. Today we hope to get in a good day of schoolwork. (I love learning with them, so I miss it when we're out of routine.) We also have some cars to work on for an Awana Grand Prix tomorrow night. :)
Have a great day/week!
(I plan to post an Easter recipe or two later today.)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment