Last week K, R, & J participated in their Awana Grand Prix. Here are their cars:
A road racing down the track
And Shamu. :)
Friday we worked on our school work and I took the afternoon to do our two week grocery trips, as well as taking care of a bit of Easter shopping.
Saturday morning I took care of the rest of the Easter shopping. (Was shocked to find out Friday night that our Walmart was completely sold out of Easter candy.)
The girls made these yummy sugar cookies to take to my mom and dad's.
They also dyed Easter eggs.
And we made our annual "Easter cookies" (the recipe I posted last week).
We then went to my mom and dad's house for a yummy lunch and fun Easter egg hunt. We had a great time visiting with my folks and my grandma.
We left mom and dad's to head to a ballgame with my husband's work. It was lots of fun. (We got home late but had a great time.)
Sunday, of course, we celebrated Jesus resurrection.
That morning we had a little hunt for the girls' Easter baskets and eggs. (Mom and Dad came over to share with us the joy. They were with us while we read the account of the resurrection from the Bible as we took the Easter cookies from the oven. That was neat to have them there with us for that.)
We then had a great time worshipping and celebrating with our church family. We also enjoyed our church's Easter cantata. I especially enjoyed watching K sing in the cantata and L sign for all the songs in the cantata.
For Easter lunch, we enjoyed visiting with R's dad and family. (Yes, it included another fun egg hunt for the girls.)
Whew! What fun - and how nice to relax at home afterward.
A tisket, a tasket, a kitty in a basket:
Monday we enjoyed missionary geography club where we discussed Brother Andrew. (I love him!!!! If you've not read God's Smuggler, I'd highly recommend it. It's so encouraging to hear of other brothers and sisters walking with God and seeing how God has used them to bring the good news of His love to others and to encourage other believers.)
The girls also had volleyball practice that evening.
Hope you enjoyed. Have a great week.




1 comment:
I enjoyed seeing all of the photos! Great job to the girls on the cool cars! I remember making a few when I was in Awana. =)
LeAnn, your smile looks lovely! I remember how exciting it was when I finally got my braces off! Enjoy the freedom (but, then, you still have to wear retainers...) ;-)
Post a Comment